SRFDCL is SPV for implementation of Sabarmati River Front Project. The Company requires full time Contract expert on contract Basis (Min. 3 Years Contract – extendable for another 2 years).
• Candidate must be a B.com/B.A., LLB from a recognised university by UGC/AICTE.
• Candidate should have 5 years experience working in a Public Sector Undertaking of Central or state overnment or reputed Company in private sector. Experience in dealing of property documents, Draft, analyze and review the contract papers between company and other vendors from legal view, in depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents, legal specifications, preparation of RFP on various subjects like civil, land monetization etc. is must.
• Applicants serving in Govt. /Public Sector Enterprises/Semi-Govt. Organizations should apply through proper channel or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview failing which they will not be permitted to appear for the interview. • Remuneration of Rs.40, 000/- including all benefits. • Management reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
• Application along with all supporting documents should be sent by post/courier/by hand on or before 12-12-2019 upto17.00 hrs in a cover super scribed ‘’Application for the post of “Contract expert (legal)”. Only hard copy of the applications received by the company on or before due date will be considered for further evaluation. Please do not submit your application on email.
• Management will not be responsible for delayed receipt/non-receipt of applications.
The fifth annual marathon was held successfully. It was attended by the city’s enthusiasts as well as many foriegn participants.
Zipline Facility (Sabarmati Skyline Tour) on Sabarmati River Front at Sardar Bridge behind NID was inaugurated on 21st March 2015 by Smt. Minaxiben Patel, Hon’ble Mayor – AMC. It was a mega event and dignitaries from AMC and Board members of Sabarmati River Front Development Corporation were also present on this occasion. The thrill of gliding over the river is a unique adventure sport which People of Ahmedabad can enjoy now.
Event Ground on Sabarmati River Front was inaugurated on 13th June 2015 by Smt. Anandiben Patel, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat.
On this occasion Shri Shankarbhai Chaudhary – State Minister, Shri Surendrabhai Patel – Former MP, Dr. Kiritbhai Solanki – Ahmedabad MP, Smt. Meenaxiben Patel – Ahmedabad Mayor, Smt. D. Thara – Ahmedabad Municipal Commissioner & Managing Director of SRFDCL, Shri Bipinbhai Sikka – Deputy Mayor, Mr. Pravinbhai Patel – Standing Committee Chairman, Executive Director of SRFDCL, MLAs, Chairpersons of various municipal committees, other dignitaries and invitees and citizens in large number were present.
Visit by Shri Durga Shankar Mishra, IAS, Addl. Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, at Sabarmati Riverfront; also accompanying him were Shri I.P. Gautam, IAS, Managing Director of MEGA. Officials from SRFDCL received him and explained the entire project in detail.
- 1961 – Bernard Kohn, French architect residing in Ahmedabad created Proposal for Integrated Planning & Development of Sabarmati Riverfront calling for reclamation of 30 hectares of land
- 1966 – Kohn’s proposal is claimed technically feasible by Government of Gujarat after technically studies completed
- 1976 – Riverfront Development Group Proposal proposed an incremental approach to reduce the need for initial capital outlaw. To view proposal, click here.
- 1992 – National River Conservation Plan proposed construction of sewers and pumping stations in the periphery of the city as well as upgrading the existing sewage treatment plants
- 1997 – Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) created the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation Limited (SRFDCL) to solely focus on the project
- 1997 – Environmental Planning Collaborative (EPC) prepared the feasibility report for the project
For improving people’s access to the river, a continuous, uninterrupted promenade has been created at two levels along both banks of the river. Ghats at strategic locations punctuate the lower level promenade and provide direct access to the water. From the city level, access points including elevators connect to the lower level promenade. More details about the River Promenade can be viewed here.
For improving the transportation network of the city and providing access to the riverfront facilities and new development, there are two 4-lane wide roads that have been created. On the eastern part of the city, the East River Drive starts from Subhash Bridge and will be connected to the 200 ft. wide road. The West River Drive, on the western part, starts from Dadhichi-Rushi Bridge at Vadaj to Nehru Bridge where it merges with Ashram Road. It recontinues from Ellis Bridge and connects to the 120 ft. road. The roads on either banks include underpass connections. The SRFD streets create a major north-south road link on the Eastern bank and supports the strong north-south connection offered by Ashram Road along the Western bank. The project’s street network can be viewed here.
No, the water is almost continuously discharged for irrigation into the Fatehwadi irrigation canal. It is periodically recharged from the Narmada Canal.
In the long term, as a more sustainable solution, it is being planned to replenish the river with treated water from the sewage treatment plants. Additionally, there are a variety of choices that will reduce the breeding of mosquitoes such as aeration and breeding of appropriate fishes.
“The Annual Flower show on the Sabarmati Riverfront is inaugurated by Shri Shankarbhai Chaudhary, Hon’ble Minister of State for Urban Housing (Independent Charge), Health, Family Welfare, Transport of Government of Gujarat. The Flower Show will remain open from 10am to 9pm from 2nd Jan to 8th Jan 2016. Entry to the flower show is free of cost. The 2016 edition of the show, that opens on 2nd Jan 2016, is spread over an area of 65000 sq mt. Moreover, the show will be a display space for more than 750 species of flowers, plants, bonsai, vegetable plants and trees — with more than 48 of these species marking a debut at the show.”